Rich Dad – Robert Kiyosaki, My Ultimate Wealth Creation Mentor, Part One of Three

I first listened to Rich Dad, Poor Dad 2: Cash Flow Quadrant - Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom(rated 5 stars by readers in Amazon) by Robert Kiyosaki in early 2007 and then bought his New York Times best seller, Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Since then I have read and listened to 12 Rich Dad or his advisor's books and CDs and I will be buying more of his books in the future. Despite the fact that I have spent less than £80 on his books the value that I got from his books is definitely and massively more than what I paid for my Master of Business Administration (MBA) course, which cost me around £8,000 in 2002.

The value that I got from his inspirational books is tremendous and priceless; he taught be how to think outside the box and completely changed my mindset. My MBA taught me nothing about money and investment, while Robert Kiyosaki's books taught me everything about wealth, money and the power of leverage.

I have learned the truth about the rich, why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. I realised that unless I change my cash flow quadrants, just being an employee will never be enough for me and I would never be able to achieve what I really wanted in my life.

I found the golden key to my financial freedom, wealth and success and the lifestyle that I have been dreaming of from the Rich Dad books. I learned that we are all capable of and deserve more than what employers are paying us and the truth is your employer will never pay you the worth of your real capability. Most people retire poor because they do not have the knowledge and necessary financial education to secure their financial future.

I always thought becoming financially free and being rich was impossible for me, it sounded and felt like a goal that was too out of reach for me. Rich Dad taught me that everything is possible and I, not my boss, needed to secure my own financial future and I must certainly not depend on the government to look after me when I retire. Our financial future is on our hands, we should control our own destiny, but not by others.

I also realised if I want to be rich and successful I would have to do things differently from the crowd as if you do the same thing as most people do then you end up getting what most people have. The truth is only 1% of people retire rich and the remaining 99% retire poor (relative to the rich) after working hard their entire lives. Why? Rich Dad gave me the answer to this question. I agree with multi-millionaire Bradley Sugars, he said “ the difference in your income from today compared to in 5 years are the people you meet and the books you read”.

Most of us grow up in a society and family background that encourages you to go to university, get a good degree and then find a good job as the best way to secure your financial future; a typical Poor Dad's obsolete idea according to Rich Dad.

That's why I did my MBA, but the Rich Dad series told me a different story. Before reading his books I never knew why I was struggling and been unable to achieve my dream lifestyle, despite the fact I was working extremely hard, received one of the highest academic qualifications and am able to speak four important languages fluently.

At school our intelligence is measured by our grades and degrees, but in real life our success is measured by our financial status. Who is crazy enough to argue that they are more successful than Bill Gates, the richest man on this planet but who is also a Harvard university drop out? Can you imagine our life without the all the software of Windows.

In fact, some of the most successful businessmen are people who have never gotten a university degree, including multi-billionaire Sir Richard Branson, the computer billionaire Michael Dell who was a University of Texas drop out and the celebrity millionaire- Sir Alan Sugar.

They are some of the most successful business owners and investors in the world; before reading all the Rich Dad books I had no real clue as to how they could become so rich and successful. According to Rich Dad's cash flow quadrants (left quadrants: employee, self employed; right quadrants: business owner, investor) these people are all operating from the right quadrants.

To be continued...
I'm interested in sharing your stories of Rich Dad and perhaps any of your life stories... Shannon


Popular posts from this blog

Review of Midas Touch by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki

Review of Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness By Jim Rohn

Review of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker – Think Rich to Get Rich